WV Public Service Commission
Infrastructure Council Database
What is it?
The PSC Infrastructure Council Database application on the web allows you to search
the PSC's Infrastructure Council applications tracking database. All available historical
information going back to 1995 has been entered in the database.
The WV Infrastructure Council Site link on the navigation bar will open the Infrastructure
Council's web site.
Where is it?
- Open Internet Explorer. If the window is not maximized (covering your
entire screen), click the maximize button in the upper right hand corner.
- Go to the PSC Home Page at www.psc.state.wv.us.
- Click on 'Infrastructure Council Applications' link.
- You should now see 'PSC Infrastructure Council Database' across the top of the page, a
list of links down the left of the page, and Search Instructions in the body of the page. The
search instructions are basically an online version of the third section of this document.
- Click one of the search links to search the database - see the third section of this
document for additional search assistance. Click the PSC Intranet link to return to our
Intranet. Click the X in the upper right hand corner of the screen to exit the application and
close the window.
- To set up a search, select a table from the list on the left of the screen.
- Select Applications to get a list of filings based upon application
number, sponsor, date originally filed, or summary.
- Select Submissions to get a list of individual submissions of an application
based upon application number, submission number, sponsor, date submitted, summary, review
due date, financial staff assigned, or engineering staff assigned.
- To perform a search, on the search screen:
- If you click the search button without entering any criteria, everything is displayed.
That is NOT recommended. You may enter criteria in one or more of the
search fields. If you enter criteria in more than one field, all of the criteria must be met
before a record will be included in the results list.
- Determine which of the available search fields to use. The more information you fill in,
the shorter and more specific the list of results but the more likely you are to eliminate what
you are looking for.
- Select the appropriate qualifier for each field to be searched:
- begins with: look for matching beginning characters
- ends with: look for matching ending characters
- contains: find the string of characters any where in the field
- is: look for an exact match
- is not: include anything that is not an exact match
- before: include anything that comes before the text entered
(0 < 9, 9 < A, A < Ab, Ab < Z)
- after: include anything that comes after the text entered
Example: If you entered AL to search a field with records containing ALDERSON,
CALENDAR and FINAL: begins with would only get ALDERSON; Ends With would
only get FINAL; Contains, Is Not and After would get all three; and Is and Before
would not get any hits.
- Enter the text to be searched for in the box provided. Do not put quotation marks around
- Select the Report Type: If you want the result list formated for printing instead of
listed with links for drilling to additional levels, change the report type to one of the reports
in the drop down box.
- Select the Sort By order for the result list from the
Sort By drop down list. This determines how your results will be organized. This option is
not available if you selected a preformated report. A similar box is available at the top of
the page where the results are listed.
- Click the search button to begin the search.
- Once you have a result list:
- The number of hits is displayed at the top of the screen. Scroll through the list to
identify the application(s) you wish to review.
- Click on the application number to see all of the basic information on an application
- If there are options to the right of a line (Submissions, Findings, Funding, Add'l
Info), clicking on the link will display additional information associated with the filing.
You can return to the result list from any of these screens by selecting the Back to List
- Click on the Back to Search link or select a new search from the left panel to throw out
your results and begin a new search.
- Do not use the Back or Forward arrows on the tool bar to move in and out of the search or
result screens as this may result in incorrect results for your next search.
- If your search results seem incomplete, return to the search criteria screen by clicking
on the Back to Search link, click the Refresh button on the tool bar, and reenter your search
- To see all applications made by Shady Spring Public Service District - Select
Applications from the link at the left. Set Sponsor to 'contains', type Shady Spring in
the text box, and click the submit button. The result is a list of all applications filed by
Shady Spring and reviewed by the PSC since 1995, including the application number and a short summary.
- Click the application number to see details.
- To see all of the individual submissions of the application to date, click on the
'Submissions' link at the left of the application you wish to research. From the list of
submissions, you may click on the application number to see details on that particular
submission. To review the Funding Sources or Findings, you must click the appropriate link,
either to the right of the submission on the list page or at the bottom of the detail screen.
- Clicking the 'Back to List' link on the detail screen will
return you to your original list of hits.
- Clicking 'Back to Search' or one of the Search links on the left of the screen will
reset your search criteria and allow you to perform a new search.
- To find all pending submissions - go to the Submissions search, select Include
'Pending Submissions', and click the display button.
- To find all pending submissions with a review due before 10/01/2002 - go to the
Submissions search, select Include 'Pending Submissions'. Then select Review Due 'before',
type 10/01/2002 in the text box, and click the display button. You could limit the result
to cases assigned to Bakker by also selecting Financial Staff 'contains' Bakker before
clicking the display button.
- To find all Findings referring to an inter-municipal agreement - go to the Findings
search, select Comment 'contains', and type inter-municipal agreement in the text box. The
result list displays the application and submission number, the name of the analyst making
the finding, and the first few lines of the comment. Click the comment link at the right to
see the entire comment. Click the Add'l Info link at the right of the list or at the bottom of
the detail screen to see the submission detail screen. From here you can access funding
information by clicking on the Funding link.
- To find all Submissions made in 2001 with a Small Cities Block Grant as one of the funding
sources in order of the funding amount - go to the Funding Source search, select Application
Number 'begins with' and type 2001 in the text box. Then select Funding Source 'begins with'
and type Small Cities Block Grant in the text box. Finally, set Sort Order to Funding Amount
and click the search button. To see more information on any of the displayed filings, click
the Add'l Info link at the right of the line.
- To find all Submissions made in 2001 with single funding source providing over
$1,000,000 organized by Funding Source - go to the Funding Source search, select Application
Number 'begins with' and type 2001 in the text box. Then select Funding Amount 'greater than'
and type 1,000,000.00 in the text box (to include amounts equal to 1,000,000 you should enter
999,999.99 in the box). Finally, set Sort Order to Funding Source and click the
search button. To see more information on any of the displayed filings, click the Add'l Info
link at the right of the line.